Flea market finds take on a modern vibe when combined with DecoArt's Media products into an holiday ornament.
- palette or plastic plate
- paper towels
- 3/4" flat brush
- #8 round brush
- assorted buttons
- black permanent marker
- Fun Foam sheet
- low-temp glue gun and glue stick
- Gears M-bossabilities
- tart pan
- mini wooden flower pot
- mini bottle brush tree
- paper images
- 20-gauge wire
- wooden stars
Images can be found online at www.graphicsfairy.com or use images of your choice.
Let dry completely between painting steps.
- Use scissors to cut out the larger clock face to fit inside the tart tin. Cut out the other paper elements to go on the ornament.
- Using a 3/4" flat brush, apply Matte Medium inside the tin. Position and press on the clock face. Apply more Matte Medium on top. Use a #8 round brush to add accent line around the perimeter in Green Gold. Use a 3/4" flat brush and Green Gold to paint over the clock face.
- Use a #8 round brush to add rings around the perimeter (inside the previously painted Green Gold ring) in Cobalt Turquoise Hue and Pyrrole Red. Cut out a Santa (or image of your choice). Cut out triangle shapes for the banner and, using a #8 round brush, paint Pyrrole Red. Print and cut out the word "Jolly" and adhere letters with Matte Medium using a #8 round brush.
- Using a #8 round brush, paint three wooden stars with Hansa Yellow Medium and the perimeter with Pyrrole Red. Using a #8 round brush, paint the gear piece in Cobalt Turquoise Hue. Using a #8 round brush, paint the wooden flower pot Green Gold and the stripes in Pyrrole Red and Titanium White.
- Place the paper elements in the tin (refer to photo for placement) and adhere in place using a 3/4" flat brush and Matte Medium. Adhere non-paper elements with a hot glue gun.
- Punch holes through the tin using a nail and hammer. String random buttons and beads through the wire and place through the two top holes. Adhere the "Jolly" banner to the wire using a hot glue gun and place through to the side holes. (Twist or coil the wire to secure it into place.)