Update an old frame and repurpose it into a home décor piece with Americana® Acrylics.
- paper towels
- hot glue gun
- craft knife
- wooden letter
- wooden frame
- 1 sheet white cardstock
Disassemble the photo frame, removing any glass and/or backing. Clean the frame to remove any dirt or grease. Allow paint to dry fully between coats. Apply a second coat as needed to achieve desired coverage.
- Paint the wooden frame with Wedgewood Blue.
- Paint the letter with Sweet Mint.
- Cut out and insert a white background into the frame (i.e. from cardboard, Bristol board, or cardstock). If there was an insert photo already in place, paint it White. Let dry.
- Once the insert is dry, dip a fine tip paintbrush in Wedgewood Blue and paint small dots throughout.
- Cut out a white photo mat (i.e. from cardboard, Bristol board or cardstock) or use the existing white photo mat. Paint thin lines diagonally onto the border with Morning Mist.
- Using a pencil, mark the position of the letter and glue the letter in place with a hot glue gun and clear craft glue. Re-assemble the photo frame.