Create this rack with Americana Decor® Chalky Finish™ as the perfect way to store gear and memorabilia.
- water container
- palette or plastic plate
- paper towels
- damp rag
- wooden knob
- wooden board
- E6000 Glue
- dry rag
- Paint the entire board in Chambray and wipe it off with a damp rag, scrubbing to reveal the wood grain underneath. (This is best achieved in sections, so the stain doesn't dry and it's easier to get the vintage/distressed look.)
- Stain the heel of each knob in Real Red using the same method listed in STEP ONE.
- Paint the round part of each knob in a solid coat of Everlasting. Paint the stitching in Rouge, making sure one side of the stitching faces one way and the other faces the opposite way.
- Sand each knob to create a distressed effect.
- Paint each knob in Clear Crème Wax. While it is still wet, use a dry rag to apply Golden Brown Crème Wax and wipe it around. (This will create a vintage/used effect.)
- Use E6000 Glue to secure the knobs to the board. (Or you can use a drill and screws.)