A deer stops by a snow-covered forest in this painted sign commemorating winter.
- water container
- palette or plastic plate
- paper towels
- painter's tape
- #3 round brush
- cosmetic sponge
- 1" foam brush
- craft knife
- hand saw
- Silhouette electronic cutting machine
- drill gun
- wood stain
- wood boards
Let dry completely between painting steps.
- Cut a 1" x 6" x 8' board into (4) 18" long pieces. Cut (2) 1" x 3" boards 20" long.
- Using (8) 1-1/4" screws, attach the (2) 20" boards, perpendicular to the four main planks. (Optional) Leave small gaps or sandwich the planks tightly together.
- Stain the wood according to the label instructions of the wood stain and allow to dry. (Be sure to get the edges of the wood and any of the back, if it will be visible.)
- Mix equal parts Bahama Blue and White Wash to create a soft blue. Apply the mix to the stained wood with a 1" foam brush. (Don't go all the way to the edges of the panel to give a rustic look.) Let dry. If desired, use sandpaper to roughen up the edges once dry.
- Leave a 3-4" space at the bottom of the panel for snow. (Make the line slightly rounded to give the snow dimension.)
- Paint the space at the bottom in White Wash. Use painter's tape to mark off tree trunks. (Place them off center a little for more realism and vary the tree trunk sizes.) Use a craft knife to make thinner lines of tape and taper them in as they reach the tops of the trunks. Paint the trunks in White Wash. Remove tape.
- Mix Cocoa Bean and Soft Black together. Using a #3 round brush, make random splatters of dots along the trunks. (Go heavy in some areas and lighter in others for more realism.) Cut out Silhouette files of choice and place the vinyl onto the panel.
- Paint the vinyl shapes in Santa Red using a cosmetic sponge. Remove the vinyl before the paint dries. Let dry. Once dry, apply another later of White Wash to the snow and sprinkle on Crystal Glamour Dust while the paint is still wet. Let dry.
- Once completely dry, spray the panel with Americana Matte Spray Finish to seal.