Show off treats at a holiday cookie exchange on a 3-D wooden display complete with bottle brush trees..
- water container
- palette or plastic plate
- paper towels
- E6000 glue
- #3 round brush
- 1" flat brush
- palette knife
- embellishments of choice
- mini bottle brush tree
- terra cotta pots and saucers
- basswood round
Let dry completely between painting steps.
- Clean the three basswood round surfaces thoroughly. Sand if needed and wipe away any dust.
- On the smallest round, use a #3 round brush to follow the natural border around the surface in Coastal Waters. On the largest round, repeat using Deep Turquoise. On the medium-sized round, mix (2) parts Coastal Waters with (1) part Deep Turquoise and use the mix to repeat on the outer edge.
- Clean the terracotta pots thoroughly. Flip over the largest terracotta pot and terracotta saucer. Using E6000 Glue, adhere the large pot and saucer together with flower pot on top.
- Paint the smallest terracotta pot in Inch Worm using a 1" flat brush. Paint the largest pot (the one adhered together in previous step) in Leprechaun. Create a mix of (2) parts Inch Worm and (1) part Leprechaun. Apply mixture with a 1" brush on the medium sized terracotta pot.
- Stack the wood rounds and terracotta pots as shown. Find where they will be the most stable. Using a pencil, mark on the underside of the round where the terracotta pot is placed.
- Using E6000, adhere the coordinating rounds and terracotta pots together, as shown.
- Using E6000, adhere bottle brush trees on the top tier of the stand. Using a palette knife, carefully apply Snow Tex between the trees. Place the Snow Tex so it reaches the outside ring of the round. While Snow Tex is still wet, sprinkle on Glamour Dust and insert deer.
- Cut a piece of birch-bark paper ribbon that will fit the largest wood round. Freehand cutting triangles into the bottom edge of the ribbon.
- Using E6000, adhere ribbon onto the large wood round.
- Optionally, adhere the three tiers together. For storage purposes, the tiers can be left separate. Using palette knife, apply Snow Tex randomly on tiers. While it is still wet, sprinkle of Glamour Dust.